Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Writing Style on this Blog

After writing two posts in one night (posting three), I noticed a lot of things about my writing style that I felt I should comment on.

First, in following the tradition of Musings of a Hypnosub, I try to describe the scenes I do to make them hot and sexy for the reader. Certain things get emphasized over others in order to increase the hotness of certain things, some things are left more ambiguous because I don't feel comfortable sharing the details, etc.

Secondly, I realize that I dwell quite a bit on my own goofs. I'm not a fan of the image of the infallible hypnotist, and I also want my writing to model some things for young, starting hypno-doms (model the way I think through the ethics of any given scene, model the flexibility needed to adapt to suggestions that don't work as planned). I realize that I may be giving myself a little too much credit...but I hope that's balanced out by the fact that I'm willing to write honestly about how much I mess things up.

~Spiral (who will really seriously have to stop blogging so that actual work can get done)

No comments:

Post a Comment