Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Trance Duel



This scene log comes from my escapades in the Hypbook chatroom, involving chat regulars (and my friends) Solarrianne, Skyla, and my pet Daja.  

Content: D/s, switch fight, resistance play






It’s totally Skyla’s fault.

I was chatting in the Hypbook room about the idea of a trance duel, and how fun I thought it would be.

So, Solarianne insisted that I would not be able to resist her if she was in a dominant mood…and that I’d be unable to trance her in those circumstances, as well.  Me, being as egotistical as I am, ruffled at that and commented that I am tough to trance (this may be a slight exaggeration) and quite skilled at putting people under. 

Skyla definitely did her best to rile up Solarrianne, encouraging her to take me on despite my seemingly insurmountable list of advantages (ten years of experience as a hypnotist vs. her one year, Solarrianne’s high susceptibility vs. my medium-high susceptibility).  Skyla also privately told me that I should go easy on her. 

Oh dear goodness was that bad advice. 

The rules were: we would go back and forth, sentence by sentence.  Anything else was fair game.  The winner would get to give the loser a hypnotic suggestion as evidence of victory.  Although not explicitly stated, we both operated under the assumption that dropping down with eyes closed was a show of defeat. 

Each of us had a different strategy.  Solarrianne kept herself active – fidgeting, shifting in her seat, speaking with aggression and bite.  I just kind of rolled with the relaxation and allowed my trance patter to remain calm and serene.  The net effect was that, for most of the duel, both of us were pretty far gone – but I was much more obviously so - which I think frustrated and riled up Solarrianne even more, that her victory looked so near the entire time.  Meanwhile, I got riled up by the fact that she did not look like she was going under, even though she admitted in her induction sentences that she was close.

As Solarrianne began getting very dominant and bossy (as part of her strategy of staying energetic, staying aggressive, staying awake), I began getting close to giving up.  And one thought hit me – if she called me a puppet in that voice, I’d be done.  The only thing keeping me awake was that she did not, could not play to my precise kinks. 

So I pulled my first dirty trick: I began playing on her dollification kink.  She had explained this kink, and her particular preferences regarding it, in a previous conversation, and I began integrating that information into my induction as I ramped up the dominance to try to match hers. 

The duel wore on, and I began to realize just how terrible Skyla’s advice was.  Searching for an edge, I started keeping an eye on the main chatroom: many of the other people present in chat had begun kibitzing – saying that I needed to be easing up on the dommy and ramping up the seductive, or that I needed to do a better job selling Solarrianne on going under. 

I definitely tried to sell: trying to work in descriptions of just how nice it would feel to give in and to sleep.  I used an analogy to the old “pink elephant” trick – that trying not to think about the pink elephant almost automatically brings to mind the image of a pink elephant.  So I suggested that trying to not think about going under hypnosis would only bring to mind thoughts of going under hypnosis, and how completely wonderful that would be.  Needless to say, though, Solarrianne turned this right back on me. 

She began using finger snaps and a more forceful delivery – firmly ordering me to “FALL” and “SLEEP” as she snapped her fingers rhythmically.  Each time she did this it was like standing my ground against a tide – I forced my eyes to stay open, but each and every single time I kept thinking, “It sure would be nice to drop if my ego weren’t at stake…”

The fact that I had Daja watching and confident that I would win did a lot for my ability to stay awake.  As did Skyla sticking around – I felt like I had to prove that she wasn’t completely wrong to predict me as the winner.  I was, however, extremely pleased that Solarrianne was so formidable. 

However, it was looking bleak.  She seemed so awake, I knew I was mostly gone – my mind was mostly fuzz, and I could only keep up my induction patter because that skill is so much an autopilot thing at this point in my life.  It was getting harder to think of new verbal tricks, harder to think about different induction ideas, harder to think of anything clever.

So I pulled out my pocket watch – the dirty trick that won the match. 

Although I had my pocket watch and my spiral top handy the entire time, I was trying to win without using either of them.  I felt confident enough in my voice, my verbal skills…the watch seemed like such an easy, blunt force approach.  And it basically was: the glittering surface caught Solarrianne’s eyes immediately, the slow spin fascinated her and drew her attention. 

The pocket watch did the trick…sort of.  She fell back in her chair, began relaxing, her eyes seemed to be closed…but halfway through while I was giving her the suggestion (a freeze trigger), she suddenly snapped awake.  I continued my patter despite her clear awakeness (because, well, she had looked nearly awake half the time she was close to trance), and counted her up to wakefulness just in case to hopefully bring her all the way awake (and perhaps to solidify the trigger and make it work). 

So, no trigger, and she bounced back up from the drop.  She said I won, but really, it was a draw.  She told me, afterward, that she has a safety suggestion that stops her from going under if she doesn’t want to – and she wanted to win too much to want to go under for me.  (I took that as, it was a draw because I did an insufficiently good job of selling her on the trance – she took it as my victory was impossible so she may as well concede.  Draw your own conclusions!) 

Oh, and then Skyla dropped us both in a sentence as soon as she saw we were both woozy and out of it and jonesing for a trance.  (Quite understandably, over thirty straight minutes of all-out psychological wrestling had left us both shaking and exhausted.)  That was also great.  No suggestions, she just dropped us and brought us back up to help us shake out the fuzzies. 

For the record, since then Solarrianne and I have begun a slowly escalating exchange where we give each other more triggers…I have a feeling that a rematch will need some stricter rules, hee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment